Tuesday, April 11

 
Active, Not Retroactive.

The Misfit

I've become a rather active member of RMIT Student Union's Catalyst magazine, contributing not 1, not 2 but 3 articles for the April issue. I've been wanting to get involved with Catalyst in the First year, but when you're new to a country and are still acclimatising to the surroundings, writing for a magazine takes a back seat.

Apparently my repertoire of skills doesn't involve just writing. I'm somehow found an uncanny ability to plagiarize...my own articles. LOL.

Looking at my blog several weeks ago, i realised i have heaps and heaps of substantial and rather good material i could submit to Catalyst. Afterall you don't blog for 2.5 years and have nothing to show no? I knew they'd come in useful somehow lol.

I've submitted my very controversial '
I Hate Fat People' post as the first article. The timing is apt, as April's theme is comedy, in conjunction with the Melbourne's Comedy Festival. Given that 90% of my blog entries are written in jest (offending 90% of the readers - says a lot about the world's maturity), i reckon my entire blog could be published on Catalyst lol.

The second article is a more condensed, less vulgar and grammatically correct version of another controversial post made in 2004. Titled 'Sex with David Beckham', you can find the original post
here.

Looking at that post, i counted too many spelling and grammar mistakes that'd put a child to a pedestal. You can find the new version in the next post.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]