Friday, January 14

 
Grumble

It's my last full week of work in my agency...

Next week...i shall be officially an Office Redundancy Boy...millin around in parts of office i really have no reason to be in for several days before i bid farewell to a company that hasnt paid me my due worth *chuckles* (Guess we know the reason why im leavin :O )

As the new bloke has already deftly displayed...he's more than capable of takin over my duties...the last 4 days of adrock2xander's able tutor and mentor-ship has been a roarin round of success...next week i'll just be in the office for formalities sakes...showin my ugly face...in the event that my colleagues decide to take pity on me and offer me a dollar in exchange for my hasty exit...haha...

My days in Singapore are numbered...and as my new lease of life in Australia looms (larger than life it seems)...ive been wittlin down my 'Must Do' list...as it stands...it seems like an awful lot to do...

The untimely misplacement of my wallet has handicapped me somewhat...with a lack of credit/ATM card i find myself resortin to some unneccesary borrowin of hard cash to get by these days...it's a good thing these cards can be replaced without an additional fee...but cards take awhile to arrive...so hey...im livin off my parents' money for the next few days! How cool is that...Muahahahaa....

Dinner with Gavin yesterday brought up another important issue that i simply have to get over with...as an active National Serviceman...we're obligated to serve our despot-ruled country till the ripe old age of 40...and as a combat-fit serviceman it's my responsibility (against my own will that is) to pass the annual Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) or face Remedial Trainin...failure to attend one's IPPT before his next birthday is considered a military offence and a warrant of arrest will be issued...now the last thing i want is a brush with the law (Germaine's conspiracy with her Blogmates not-withstandin...)

This is not a post on how much i abhor Singapore's ways of governin and forced conscription...that's a story for another day...but i digress...

With the deadline for my IPPT approachin fast...i had a reality check...ok face it John...over the years you've piled on the pounds...increased ya girth in unsightly areas and wouldnt be able to outrun a turtle...so there's no way in hell i could possibly pass the IPPT...

But hey! Singapore's anachronistic law hasnt stated anythin bout NOT passin...and besides...by the time they rope me in for Remedial Trainin i'd be in Down Under no less...hell yeah! That's right...fuck y'all...im just gona go for the test...fail it...satisfy Singapore...and owe them nothin more...

And there's the unenviable task of packin one's life in several suitcases and boxes...i gota give it to people who succesfully manage that...how da fuck do you do it...

Over the weeks ive been takin stock of what ive to bring...and gee wheez...it's a mountain alright...and with the 30kilograms weight limit at the airport...i have to resort to overseas shippin...and that means money...

Gah...money...that means cards...bah im cardless...i blame the dishonest cab driver/passenger...a result of Singapore's way of life...gah Singapore's government...@#$#$%#$%!@#%#$%in unneccesary piece of ##$%#$^%&^$%&%^....


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]