Thursday, November 24

 
Meet The Parents adrock2xander Style

Regular readers will recall my girlfriend micheLe has had her parents over for two weeks in Melbourne...

I'd looked upon their arrival with trepidation and much misunderstandin...y'know how it's like...your other half's parents visitin your humble abode...invadin your personal privacy and space...a day or two is fine...but 2 weeks is just murder...

Given though...her parents and i have met many times...i reckon they've got a pretty good impression of me...i took it upon myself to use their trip here to soothe and iron out any differences (if any) between ourselves...more importantly...they've gota know my true personality as it's no secret that livin in Singapore has stifled and constricted me...

Ive always been very loud and opinionated...and with the parents' comin i felt like it was an intrusion into my 'Thought Balloon'...if there's one person any prospective son-in-law fears meetin...it's the father...and in micheLe's Dad...i see my greatest adversary...

You see...we have fundamental differences in our beliefs...he walks and worships the ground the Singapore Government takes...while i spit and spite everythin the Singapore Government does...with these two ingredients we have a recipe for disaster...

Also...her parents are stoic Christians...and that means a clash in beliefs and personalities...im not sayin im unreligious...i believe in God...but im not "Hey fuck you God does exist and please stop sayin 'Oh My God' as it's rude" (yes some Christians are uptight like that)...the word 'fuck' is just another lingo i use to accentuate my thoughts...but ive had to control myself this week...

And what would they think bout my
tattoo? So far...ive passed that with flyin colors...the parents are conservative and graduate from the School of Old...i was afraid they'd associate my tattoo with street gangs or drug peddlars...but hey it's no problemo so far...i believe if they've got a problem with me...any problem at all...they'd take it upon themselves to tell me in the face...

Perhaps my fears are unfounded...there's really no need to get all antsy bout the folks visitin...afterall...micheLe and i have been datin for almost a year-and-a-half now...what the parents really need to know and hear is that i genuinely care and love their daughter...afterall im datin their daughter...not them...


Ive been the unofficial Melbourne tour guide in the last week...takin the family out sightseein and eatin...i'd moaned and groaned initially...but hey after a couple of sessions it really isnt too bad...just cut down on the word 'fuck' and you're all set to go lol...

Take a chill pill adrock2xander...you've passed the test with flyin colors so far...just another week to go...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]