Monday, February 23

 
Tattoo

stage 1

i helped myself to a tattoo on Saturday.

It's right above my right nipple...emblazoned across my chest...is the feather of the wing of the Angel of Redemption...and a drop of water at the end of the feather...representin what i am and will be...a drop of water...fillin up any containers...never a solid...a non-conformist...

stage 2

It's a tattoo 7 years overdue...ive always harbored a desire to get one...initially for vanity's sakes...now for remembrance's sake...

For the last 2555 days (that's 7 years for ya) ive experienced the most mind-numbin...life-alterin...eye-openin...gut-wrenchin and tears-inducin period of my...indeed...any teen's life...in my twilight years...when Death descends upon me..stage 3 to steal my soul...i would have experienced so much...and have permanent marks and scars on me to remind me of my past deeds...rich rewards and life-alterin moments...

I wish to talk abit on the experience of gettin needles inscribed onto your flesh for abit...yes we've all heard the stories..."i liken it to an ant bite"..."it's tolerable pain"...yada yada...so much for all the yakkin...no better way then to experience it on ya own...

stage 4 The NUS portal/newsletter Funkygrad.com had struck up a deal to interview some tattoo artistes from Rebirth Tattoos in Far East Plaza..in return for free publicity Rebirth would give a discounted tattoo to one of the crew...perhaps it has been the way my life has laid itself out for me...or perhaps it could be the chance to fulfill somethin ive been wantin to do...but i jumped on the deal when i heard bout it...

Note to self: Flesh tearin and searin pain... that's how i felt when the first needles punctured my deflowered skin...some neat stuff non-tattooed ppl wouldnt know:

1) Vaseline is used in vast quantities...my artist Oliver would wipe them onto the inflicted area...to provide lubrication...

2) An outline of the tattoo is drawn with 3 needles...i tell ya...that fuckin hurts...

3) Shadin and colorin involves 5 needles...it hurts less...but your skin turns numb due to the excessive colorin most tattoos involve...

4) Bleedin is common...my breast was bleedin for awhile...i had to wait it out to dry before i could put on my tee shirt...

stage 5 And yes...the sayin 'Once u get one tattoo...you'll wana get another one" holds true...i do have intentions to mark myself again...Ive been admirin the tattoo for most of the day now...i dont see it as somethin i would live to regret over...rather...i look at it as somethin to constantly remind me of...what i used to be...what i am...and what i will become...


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]