Thursday, January 5

 
Going Full Circle With A Disease

The Misfit

I was 23 when i contracted gonorrhea...

A casual meetin with my good mate Amardeep in a coffee joint gave me my daily caffeine fix...but also more than i bargained for in the form of his sexy friend who had tagged along for the day...

A primary school teacher...Rachel had a tough week in school...extra-curriculum activities earlier in the day had drained her of workin juices...hangin out with Amardeep not only gave her a chance to do some catchin up...but an opportunity to flash her credit card i.e shoppin...

At 5'5" Rachel was a knock out...of Indian/Chinese descent...her ambiguous features were strikingly attractive...long brown hair that cascaded down her shoulders...large peepers that scream an adventurous spirit...big, firm breasts that had me distracted for the duration of the caffeine fix...and a graceful walk that'd put taller women to shame...

It started out with a casual date...we had arranged to meet up a day after at the local mall...we didnt live that far apart from one another...so meetin her was just a finger snap...

We had dinner...and i remember really likin her...smart, funny and beautiful...sittin in the restaurant eventually led to an invitation to her rented apartment just a bus ride away...one thing led to another...we had unprotected sex...and i woke up the next mornin to find breakfast in bed...

"I could get used to this," I remember tellin myself...

The boinkfest didnt last for long though...turns out she's still in a relationship and the boyfriend's havin commitment issues...not that i was complainin...

It was a blur in the weeks after that...but i remember one mornin to find little specks of white secretion embedded in the tip of my penis...i'd brushed it off as a case of not cleanin my one-eyed snake with proper care...attempts to clean it out was disturbingly morbid...but all that was a prologue of things to come...

I realised somethin was terribly wrong when i found myself wincin in pain whenever i took a leak...a sharp, searin pain shot through my genitals like a hot rod's been shoved through my genitals...i remember restrictin myself to little sips of water a day so as to avoid the trauma of peein...

What's worse...was the smell...in the days followin the discovery of the white-residue...i found myself havin to shower as often as 3 times a day as my genitals reeked of an extremely feral-smellin odor...couple that with the searin pain and my limited knowledge of S.T.Ds...i began to suspect i had contracted some sort of disease...

A trip to my family doctor ensued...a trusted friend...Doctor Lim has seen me grow from a bratty adolescent to a bratty adult (no change here haha!)...so it was of utmost confidence when he had several vials of my blood taken...one for tests on S.T.Ds...and another for A.I.D.S...

I left the clinic in full knowledge of the degree of trouble i was in...i remember not being too disturbed...ive always believed in things goin full circle...im not afraid of death...in the lead up to my adulthood ive experienced things and situations most middle-aged people would never have been in...so i like to tell myself ive a bagful of life experiences...these experiences often keep my feet firmly planted on the ground...and knowin that just makes me stronger...

I spent the next few days online...readin up more on S.T.Ds and its various symptoms...i began to understand how A.I.D.S and its lesser cousins have destroyed millions of families and lives...a shroud of guilt descended upon me...i felt like ive done myself a huge injustice...

"Shoulda known better you dingbat!" I told myself...

Several days later i made the short trip to Doctor Lim's clinic...results confirmed what i had suspected all along...i had contracted gonorrhea...

To my huge relief...my fears of A.I.D.S were allayed when results came out negative...i remember grabbin Doctor Lim's forearm and promisin him that i'll never again indulge in unprotected sex...not that he didnt warn me either...

There's still the treatment of gonorrhea though...consultation and the drugs cost me a lot of money...i was too ashamed of revealin this piece of bad news to my parents...so i paid for my own expenses...

One of the first things i did upon gettin home was give a quick call to Rachel...i knew i had contracted it from her...and out of concern i adviced her to do the same - see a fuckin doctor...

I had to consume several kinds of medications...and a daily application of a purplish liquid on my penis to kill the whitish infection...

Rachel called me several weeks later with similar news...gonorrhea and negative A.I.D.S...huge sigh of relief for her...

Up to this day...the only ones who knew about my condition were my brother, several of his friends and micheLe...

Now you know too...

I am of clean health now...the gonorrhea was detected at an early stage...and because i was quick to treat and vigilant bout the disease...the symptoms disappeared after 5 weeks...

Rachel too is clean now...i dont see her much these days...last i heard she's still teachin in the primary school with a new boyfriend to boot...i wish you all the best Rachel...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]