Friday, November 11

 
Blogger to Wordpress

Kudos to
Michael in England, Adrian Miles of RMIT and the 2nd year Media students...

Bout a year ago i felt the urge to switch from Blogger.com to another host...with bloggin takin over the Internet by storm i'd felt the need to switch to somethin more professional...Blogger.com was and still is the numero uno undisputed king in blog-friendly hosts...millions of blog newbies ventured out to Blogger.com and although many interestin blogs were started...many many more sparked off insipid and sleep-worthy impressions of a high school rendition of Cats...my impression of Blogger went downhill from there...

Blogger.com provided all my bloggin needs...it made bloggin so simple...but a few things threatened my loyalty...i browsed the Internet to check if anyone experienced the same problems as i did...and i found a notable claim...taken off Jay Dwivedi's management consultant site
iproceed...

- Frequent problems publishing the blog.
- Inability to publish the complete blog after making changes in the template (to add a new link, for example).
- Could not make Technorati tags work using the Blogger template code (initially I thought that it was a problem at their end but when the wonderful people at Technorati analyzed my blog, they found several problems with the Blogger template).
- Blogger would not allow publishing on (”some,” according to them, and it happened to be one of the domains that I supervise) externally hosted blogs. An email to Blogger Team did not get us a response.

Several weeks before my term ended in college...we students had the opportunity to be graced by Australian vblog (or videobloggin) expert and RMIT lecturer
Adrian Miles...i'd devoured many interestin tidbits he had published...his site gave me a glimpse into the next era of bloggin...it truly is very excitin...

Also through Adrian...i came into contact with his students in 2nd year Media...these students...as part of the course curriculum...had to start a blog from scratch from 1st year usin the excellent Wordpress program...my trip into an alternative form of hostin started from there...

Then just last night...my blog mate Michael helped me out with some bloggin issues...he too has just switched to Wordpress...

I was sold...

I'll be spendin the next few days sourcin out the right HTML codes and template to suit my new layout...of course...I'll finish up on my trip to Echuca before the Outrageous. Beautiful. Misfit. v2. is launched...

Watch this space...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]