Thursday, June 30

 
adrock2xander's on Radio...Hear it First here!
adrock2xander is 5 months without a cigarette.
Profitting BIG TIME through eBay: 183 days left.

I went live on air at 4.38pm yesterday on the Southern FM together with host David McMillan, Di Wiseman and my man of the moment Peter Harrington...all in all it was an awesome experience...gettin behind the microphone...hearin yaself live on air...no scriptin...no preperation...everythin was ad-libbed...everythin was on the spot...i felt like a improv comedian workin out scenes in the hilarious
Whose Line Is It Anyway?...well the American version...not the British 'dodgy accent' version...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Peter, David and adrock2xander
Not in picture: Di (who was kind enough to take the picture)


It was a quick introduction to radio...David, Di and Peter took turns sparrin with me on air...it had intended to be an interview on Melbourne from an international student's perspective...but the lack of time hampered out progress...and the interview was cut short and eventually became a 'What's Hot in Melbourne?' program...the verbal jousts actually took on some comedic proportions involvin me fallin on my butt while roller-bladin...what the hell...makin fun of me on the radio...grrrrr *gesticulates vehemently with fists*...

Southern FM is the local community radio station for the south, south-eastern and bayside area of Melbourne - an area with a population of around 150,000...it's 149,999 people too many and too quickly lol...i only hope no one had phoned and called in after the program to complain bout me...irate listeners i can do without...

Peter thought i handled myself really well on the radio and was a natural...he'd invited me to come down to Southern FM next Wednesday again for another 'guest appearance'...in fact he'd suggested i come down regularly and perhaps replace Peter himself soon enough...

Everythin he said after that was just music to my ears...

Im so enthused and excited bout this opportunity that has opened up to me...this is pants down one of the best offers anyone has given me...how often would someone invite a complete NOBODY to a radio show and ask that he returns on a regular basis...WTF? Yeah...that's exactly what i said...

Do stay tuned to my guest appearance on Southern FM every Wednesday from 4-5pm...i'd really appreciate any form of support i could recieve...it's a whole new world out there for me...

Lastly...i would like to convey my deepest thanks and appreciation for Peter himself...i couldnt and wouldnt be anywhere i am right now without your encouragement and friendship...it's wonderful to have someone who respects and trusts my talents...God bless you...

Remember...tune in every Wednesday! :O


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]