Sunday, October 17

 
Secret

It's an open secret for over a month now...and i think...considerin how affected i am by it...it's best to spill the beans and let everyone be privy to it...

A month back...my mom had called me up at work in the afternoon...you know...one of those borin run-of-the-mill...tryin-hard-to-stay-awake-and-cussin-at-silly-clients days...askin me if i still harbored intentions to pursue my Bachelors in Down Under...

If one should know...goin Down Under for studies has been somethin ive been badgerin my parents to sponsor for 8 years now...i yearn for a new lifestyle...a new climate...and interestin people that wouldnt hit my nerve...my parents never allowed it...at that time i failed to see why...costs aside...i understand now that i was still too immature back then...an overseas education costs an arm and a leg...and to invest to much on your eldest son when he's still more interested in havin fun would be the beginnin of the end...kudos to my parents for the forsight...

I suppose im more mature now??? (lol?) Neways...i grabbed my parents' offer with 4 receivin limbs and for obvious reasons knew Melbourne was gona be my home for the next 2 - 3 years...

Truth be told...im suppressin a load of stress at the moment...applications for the
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) aside...im still expected to stay focused at work...source for additional fundin for my expenditure...come up with several essays that are pre-requisites for my entry...and until several weeks ago...worry bout my accomodations...

Goin to work these days is like buyin a McDonald's
Happy Meal...you know ya buyin somethin that's tasty (work analogy for bustin my ass off for the monthly salary...it's worth workin for i reckon)...but you can never really enjoy it coz it's fuckin fast food (read: bad for health)...i cant fully put my effort into my work...there're just so many things to do once i head home from work...there's the fuckin essay that ive been puttin off for the longest of time...procratinatin can only get me this far...i have no intentions to disappoint the people who're expectin me to complete these essays...but Dad, Mom, micheLe and Gavin...i really am tired upon gettin home...i just am not able to think of somethin constructive...would you rather i submit a good essay that's slightly way past bed time? Or a dodgy essay that arrives in good time?

These weeks ive realised rootin from a country that you've lived in all ya life to another country...even for just 2 years...is akin to plantin a very mature seed in a new ground...

Fear...worries...expectations...pressure...

No wonder im breakin out in zits and ulcers...


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]