Sunday, October 3

 
I hate weekends! I love sports!

Weekends these days are reduced to a wasted 60 hours for me these days...i cant explain it...but spendin an average of 12 hours on weekdays to work just simply saps me of any energy that a young man needs to party hard on weekends...lately all i do on weekends is sleep...laze...watch TV...troll on the Internet...climb the ladder on Warcraft 3...eat heaps...get fat...laze even more...gosh i enjoy being a couch potato...

So i bust my ass for 5 days straight...lookin forward for the relentless R&R that is the weekends...only to waste it on personal time...and before i know it...when ive had enough of that...and intend to head on down to the movies...it's god-damned Monday again...fuck! Is there no time for people these days to take a chill pill? Why do people work 5days week and get a mieserable 2days for rest? It makes no sense...

It gets worse...goin back to work...it's the same old hullabaloo and run-of-the-mill routine that i could practically do with my eyes close...work gets really monotonous...ive trouble stayin awake...and all i really wana do is stay home and laze more...sleep more...gosh...

I've thought bout it over the weekend...and i believe ive found the solution to my expandin waistline (lol...)...i need to start cyclin to work again...my poor old baby's just lyin in the corner of my home lookin pretty...with noone to admire her...i think bout it...it's close to 2 months now since ive sweated it out to work...god that's a long time...i suppose my lethargy's mostly due to my inactivity...

That's not how i am really...i was an active member of the swimmin club from 14years old to 16years old...football's a huge part of my everyday life...so great was my passion for football...i'd remain after classes just to kick them balls inspite of a loomin examinations the very next day...i'll report for class the next day...all misty eyed...barely rememberin what my brain has crammed into just an hour back...god knows how i passed my examinations lol...

Then there was badminton...my dad was a National Champion for Malaysia back in his hey-days...suffice to say i learnt from the best...every other week you would spot me at the public courts swattin some feathers...

I've almost forgotten athletics...much to my chagrin...due to my asthmatic condition...my parents forbade me to join the athletics club...they've this ridiculous fear that i'd collapse on the track while puttin through my paces...not to say that i found it as a stumblin block...my parent's decision actually inspired me to push myself even further...the family's genetic nature made it difficult for me to excel at long distance...but i found short distance sprintin and jumpin a breeze...

Sittin proudly on my shelves are over a dozen trophies and medals ive won in my High School days...it's silly to keep them for they bear no academic purposes...but they're a part of me...just lookin at them reminds me of what i could physically do in spite of my physical limitations...

These days...when i think back of how FAT ive become...i feel a huge sense of disgust...i honestly need to get on the active track again...

Here's a large chocolate bar and a latte with extra cream to that...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]