Thursday, August 26
As any self respectin adult with the slightest bit of world-wisdom would know by now...our favorite search engine Google has decided to go public...with shares that began at US$85/share on the first day of tradin that ended at US$100.33/share...that's a fuckin 18% increase on day 1!!! Holy shit!...im no stock guru...but i gota tell ya...whoever possessed them shares on the first day has become overnight millionaires...if not billionaires...if anyone out there's readin my blog now and has at least US$500,000 to spare...go fuckin start a riot and buy them Google shares
Google is takin over the world it seems...it's like the McDonald's of the Internet...you know Google's takin over the world when:
1) Someone asks you if you know how many teeth there are in a giraffe...and you reply with a shrug, "Dont know mate...Google it."
2) You have the mini Google search bar located under your Address bar...it's so fuckin simple and easy to use...i know...coz i have it :)
3) The London Evening Standard...notorious for its technophobia...ran with Google's Gmail announcement on its front page of its April 1st issue this year...
4) And yes...Gmail has 1GB of storage...if that's not a challenge to Hotmail and Yahoo!...then i dont know what is...
Then you begin to realise...Google has really gone stark ravin mad when the bored billionaires decide to rake in even more money by tyin themselves up with Blogspot.com with a fancy feature called AdSense...suposedly...us bloggers are able to earn some dough from the links and entries other people read about on our blogs...i got pretty excited at the prospect of earnin some greenbacks...so i found myself readin the FAQ for a good 20 minutes...only to realise that there's a bloody terms and conditions for blogs to be met...
Pure blasphemy...here're the requirements for a blog to qualify for cold hard cash...
Site may not include:
- Excessive profanity
- Hate, violence, racial intolerance, or advocate against any individual, group, or organization
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Pornography, adult, or mature content
- Gambling or casino-related content
- Any other content that promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
- Excessive advertising
- Pop-ups, pop-unders or exit windows that interfere with site navigation, obscure Google ads, change user preferences, or are for downloads. Other types of pop-ups, pop-unders, or exit windows may be allowed, provided that they do not exceed a combined total of 5 per user session
- Excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords in the content or code of web pages
- Deceptive or manipulative content or construction to improve your site's search engine ranking, e.g., your site's PageRank
Site must also adhere to Google's WebMaster Guidelines, found at http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html or such other URL as Google may provide from time to time.
Wow...i guess that leaves me with...ehm...hmmm...the slimmest of mathematical chance of qualifyin no?
Gosh Google...look what you've done...by fillin up your wallets and protectin your reputation you've alienated the very people who made you rich in the first place...cant we all just get along?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]