Wednesday, June 9

 
Piercings: Fashion victim or just clueless?

I've been toyin with the idea of gettin another piercin on my body for awhile now...as it is i have 3 holes on my left earlobe and 2 on my right...5 orifices around my ears aint enough!

Body1Back when i my hey-days of beer-guzzlin-skippin-school-truancy-is-cool-smokin-at-void-decks...i had this crazy obsession with the tamperin of my body...ive read countless magazines of sane and insane homo-sapiens alike violatin their perfect body with intentional puncturin and bodily harm...some pictures depicted were almost gruesome...

So i embarked on my first ear-rape escapade on my 17th birthday...and i wasnt too cool bout it coz ive got one huge peeve...my threshold for pain is minimal...so inspite of the gradual agin of my body...ive never ventured beyond brutalizin my ears...i'll probably faint if my nipple's raped...LOL...

Body2The case is often made that body piercing is just another fad of the late 20th century...destined some day to be sitting sadly on the nostalgia shelf right beside Cross-Color jeans...retro music...Volkswagon Beetles and...heaven forbid...toe socks... and though it will surely earn me the scorn of the vast majority of the 'bod mod' community...i must agree.

Now before you start scrollin down my blog...with the sole purpose of huntin that elusive prey that is my email (no spam please!)...let me say that i count myself among the ranks of the die-hard and hardcore anti-establishment 'being normal is uncool' blokes...

Body3So the $64,000 question is...Why would an otherwise proper and perforated 'Anti-Establishment' lad dare to utter such an heretical comment? Who has given me the permission to so blasphemously desecrate his fellow tribes-mate? Well...ive always replied with characteristic arrogance...in my world...it's either you know it and ensure everyone knows...or you STFU and be a wallflower...it is true that piercing has become a fad among growing segments of the young 'uns...nary a day goes by when you dont hear a parent screamin his head off when his 16yo child 'fashion victim' comes home with a silver trinklet hangin from rather obscure parts of his body...

Body4Tunin into my favorite channel...and 10 minutes into 'Made' i spy a multitude of mind-numbed...unsuitably attired...hopelessly decked out in passe tog...all conspicuosly sportin the currently 'acceptable' piercings on MTV...

Look around you...from shockinly ubiquitous shopping malls to restaurants with fucked up service...kids sportin piercings are everywhere...in most developed cities the paradin of barely pubescent piercing enthusiasts hits you almost like an afterthought...most of these kids are almost always clueless bout piercings...almost any event in their lives would trigger an inate urge to pierce their body...best friend Jane got laid last night? "Let's get a nose ring!"...pet dog Pee Pee gave birth to 5 puppies? "A tongue stud would so cool on us!" Geeezz...

Body5And 30 years down the road? "OMFG why did i fuckin pierce my fuckin *insert body part here* my fuckin *insert body part here* is gettin fuckin diseased and i cant do anythin bout it coz my stupid *insert event that triggered piercin 30 years back* childish mind thought it was really cool and now im sufferin and old and ugly and saggy nobody loves me everybody hates me..."

Ahhh...dont we just love the word 'regret'...

So...with one fell swoop...ive cast all of these hopelessly indoctrinated...media believin twats onto my 'passe' shelves...

Then it hits me...im goin to get myself pierced within the next few weeks....

Fuck...im a fashion victim too...



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]