Saturday, February 28

 
What a relief

A good samaritan returned my lost wallet at 2.30am this mornin. Ive never felt more relief and heartfelt gratefulness.... and the number of times i said "Thank you so much.." and actually meaning it...

I'd just came back from Indulge's Day 1 of it's 3rd Anniversary Party at Lola...freshly scrubbed from a shower...i had the thought of insertin more Saatchi namecards into my wallet since i had given out quite a few throughout the course of the night...

Then it hit me...FUCKIN HELL...WHERE IS MY WALLET???

I distinctively remember comin out of the cab with it...since i removed $15 from it to pay the taxi driver...who was unusually polite :)

walletI was just bout to press the panic button when my cellphone went off...piercin the silence of the night...it was a number i didnt recognise...

Me (rather distraught): Hello?

Stranger: Hi...is this John Ng Xahn-da? (lol...i swear that's how he pronounced it...)

Me: Yes this is he...you are?

Stranger: I picked up your wallet...are u still around?

Me (wide-eyed): Oh! Where did you pick it up? Where are u?

Stranger: At the bus-stop...

Me: Where are u?

Stranger: Im in block 540...you are in block 535? That's not far...

Me: Yes yes...thank you so much for pickin it up...i was lookin for it...can u give me 10 minutes? What's your unit number? Your name is?

Stranger: My name is Rohman...#0X-XXX...please come soon as ive to sleep soon...

I must have did a Clarke Kent...coz i changed into a costume as quickly as u can say "Superman sucks"...with cellphone in hand i went straight to 540...half wonderin how fortunate i am...and what great mystery life is sometimes..

Turns out Rohman is a Chinese...his English is strangely quite accented though...not somethin ive heard before though...he was standin outside his flat with my wallet in hand...i took a quick glance into his flat...and saw his wife sittin in the couch smilin...

I couldnt thank Rohman enough...it wasnt the money i was concerned about...but the hassle of applyin for a new Identity Card...Teller cards...my Zouk card...

As i was walkin back home...it hit me...how on earth did Rohman find my cellphone number?
Perhaps it was my lethargy...but it took me awhile before i realised Rohman had found my namecards...a quick check with my Identity Card...and it doesnt take a poodle to put one and one together to figure out who John is...

My namecards saved me...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]