Friday, February 13

 
John gathers momentum...

My writin credentials officially went up a thousand notches today...

The CEO of Saatchi seems to be a genuinely likeable person...he's one helluva interestin bloke...i mean...he's got a ponytail....that's right up my alley hehe...he took me out for lunch...and we had a good conversation...chatted bout general stuff...i swear he's gay lol...

Turns out he's exactly the same as i am...school drop-out...loves writing...undecided at his life in his early 20s...until he found his callin in the advertisin field...he's a 'people's person'....hence we talked like we're friends...geeezzz....this guy's a CEO...probably earns 20G a month...and we're laughin at silly jokes over wanton mee and soya bean...

After lunch he came up to me and asked me to join a new project Saatchi has undertaken...it's a small project...but a huge deal to me...CISCO has hired Saatchi to come up with a newsletter...and the CEO has entrusted me to do the write up....omfg...im in dreamland...good thing ive to work with the designers and the copywriter....i can learn loads from them...

Just more of the same old same old...lots of learnin...and im still comin to terms with the Macintosh and PageMaker...it's really difficult to adjust...and im really afraid to make mistakes that i cannot rectify...in advertisin there's almost a zero tolerance for failure...

After work ive met up with the people of Funkygrad....these ppl are behind the NUS newsletter and website...i'd shown my interest in joinin their team several weeks' back...and i met up with them to show the 'Funkys' my portfolio...

One of the editorial staff Kelvin liked my work enough to offer me an assignment...topic's on tatoos in Singapore...i'll get to interview one of the owners of a tatoo parlor in Far East Plaza...and in return for free publicity i get to have a free tatoo done on myself...

Years ago i'd told myself i'll get a tatoo with my first f/t pay check...it looks like it's gona be a reality...with a twist :)

Im gona take a short 5 minutes check of myself before i fall asleep tonight...re-evaluatin my life in the last 48 hours...and what could possibly happen in the months to come...

These are indeed excitin times in John Ng Xander's life...





Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]