Wednesday, February 11

 
Job - Saatchi vs SiliconPlus

I'm an Account Executive for Saatchi & Saatchi....

Been a crazy day...too many things happened today...i wished i could tell it all in its entirety...but here's the gist:

7am - Left home for interview at Saatchi n Saatchi (sucky n sucky lol)

8am - Interview at Saatchi...which turned out to be a free 4 hour 'hands on' experience...

12pm - Left Saatchi office....bummed...which brought me to...

3pm - NUS...met Vowel Man to get my portfolio sorted out...

5pm - In Bugis for my 6:40pm interview at SiliconPlus...i was kinda lonely...and i thought of Crystal...so i called her...and for an hour we chatted...how gay...

6:30pm - Arrived at SiliconPlus...

7:30pm - Dilemma arrives...Saatchi offered me a post as an Account Executive...but they deal mostly with Classified Ads and bookings...which bores the shit out of me...SiliconPlus deals with Integrated Marketing...they produce websites...brochures...ads for banks...beers....toys...which excites me...

My beef is...Saatchi offered me the job on the spot...and i had till 12am to decide...whereas SiliconPlus liked me enough...but could only get back to me by Friday earliest....it was a case of 'Win all or Lose all' situation...my decision durin dinner time could greatly affect my career...i mean....WTF IT'S SAATCHI & SAATCHI...advertisin agencies dont get any bigger than this...if a fresh media grad needs a boost for his first career choice...u cant fuckin go wrong with Saatchi....and they want me...but...it's such a boring job....

SiliconPlus is a small name...most havnt heard of it...but the job is so excitin...i get to be involved with the creative side and most importantly...i get to write taglines and flex my writin prowess...but...they may not hire me...

So for 2 hours i was jugglin the pros and cons of each job...thank god for my media friends...a shoutout to Amy from MediaCorps...Stephanie from SIA and my dear editor Patricia for your helpful advice...

In the end the powerful name of Saatchi won me over...

Here's to the start of a borin but succesful career....



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]